Love deeply. Laugh. Cry. Talk to God. Be realistic about the to-do list. Stay in touch. Hug. Dream. Smile. Break Bread often with Family. Spend Time with your Girlfriends. Shop til you Drop! Extend Grace. Be Quick to Forgive and Slow to Anger. Walk. Breathe. Sing. Dance. Read. Eat Chocolate. Savor a Good Glass of Wine. Wiggle your Toes. Sleep well. Life is Good!

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Familiar Comforts

11-06-10 I have an old quilt that is a familiar comfort for me. The smell reminds me of my grandmother's house. I made it while spending the summer with her and Pa when I was in middle school. That was my first experience with a sewing machine.....an old Singer peddle machine. It is in my garage! The quilt is tattered and ragged but when someone in my home isn't feeling well, that's the quilt they want to wrap up in.

Other familiar comforts include songs I seldom hear on the radio and cornbread dressing at Thanksgiving. Isn't it odd how sounds and smells trigger memories?

I oddly find comfort in mundane routines too. Make coffee, walk the dogs, fold laundry, feed the cats, make the bed, empty the dishwasher, vacuuming, watering plants and dusting. I don't dust often enough. Life's too short not to write your name in the dust anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive