Love deeply. Laugh. Cry. Talk to God. Be realistic about the to-do list. Stay in touch. Hug. Dream. Smile. Break Bread often with Family. Spend Time with your Girlfriends. Shop til you Drop! Extend Grace. Be Quick to Forgive and Slow to Anger. Walk. Breathe. Sing. Dance. Read. Eat Chocolate. Savor a Good Glass of Wine. Wiggle your Toes. Sleep well. Life is Good!

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Another show ....


Busily preparing for an outdoor art show this Saturday on Dauphin Island. I had sworn off fall shows because during hunting season my husband isn't readily available to set up tents. He's gonna set me up on Friday and I'll beg help to get it down after the show. As much as I enjoy doing the outdoor shows, I abhor the preparation. Originals, framing, prints, notecards, checklists of equipment, postcard mailings, and the list goes on and on and on. Mostly, I dislike the mess I make of my home with inventory and the time it takes away from family and, yes! myself. The distraction throws me off-kilter for a few weeks. Imagine the spring shows which are every other weekend! But, I do love meeting the people who purchase my work and getting live feedback. That's something I don't experience with hanging at a gallery. Well, except for Artwalk events, but I think the people mostly come for the free wine! Anyway, if my neck and back continue to deteriorate my future tent set-up events may be numbered. It takes a lot out of me to do these shows. And these days I don't have a whole lot of stamina to give!

On another note, I attempted to do the NaBloPoMo or something like that. It's National Blog Posting Month and in order to get a blog badge you have to post every day during the month of November. I tried. I had issues with posts disappearing or posting out of order. And, to be quite honest, I was boring myself to tears trying to think of something to post. I refused to grab a post idea from the bag such as "What do you think about turtles" or "What was your favorite toy as a child" so I'm done with it. I'd rather post when something meaningful rises up in me even if it isn't every single day.

So, ta ta for now. I have paintings to pack and show equipment decisions to make. Will I take the tables and boxes or just the print bin? Should I just pull what's left in my closet that I'd forgotten about and leave my newer stuff at the galleries? Notecards or 5x7s? It's never ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive