|I could use some Granbaby ♥ today!|
So glad she's feeling better!
She had a rough week last week
with RSV and Pneumonia.
1. After waking from a terrorizing nightmare in the wee hours of the morning, things are barely crawling around here. The vision and sounds linger in my mind and, for a large part, have immobilized me. I've wandered from room to room and keep returning to the familiar comforts of my computer and FB friends. This too will pass, I know. It looks like a day wasted on the homestead.
2. While perusing around the internet-sphere, I came across a cool foodie blog @ the 99 Cent Chef! All kinds of good recipes. While I've tried to eliminate processed foods from my pantry, he does promote the processed bargains out there. The recipes (which are mostly from scratch) look amazing! Everything looks better than the cupcake I turned to for comfort this morning. I'm eager to do some Spring gardening and using up the squash blossoms for this recipe!! Check out the site!
3. Have you ever tried growing pineapples from the cut-off tops? I have a local friend that has done it! My mom did it too! Last week I planted two tops in a planter on my back porch. We'll see!! Here's a link all about growing pineapples! at home!! By the way, I hear you can do this with celery too! When you cut off the bottom, plant it 1" below the soil line and more celery will grow! Yes! I'm gonna try! Of course I am!
4. Every week I bake bread from my sourdough starters. Every week I have bread to share. I wonder if my neighbors are getting tired of it? I found myself with two extra loaves last week and made sourdough croutons. OMG! It was like standing at the counter eating chocolate morsels. Really! I found a homemade stuffing recipe at the Tip Garden Blog while wandering around the blog hop over at Homestead Revival. I have all the spices on hand and I think I'll make this! I've never been a fan of the boxed stuffing (being a "dressing" kind of southern girl instead), but anything made from scratch has to taste better!
5. You should see my beans sprouting (and you would if my camera would cooperate)! They look like Sheriff Woody told 'em to "Reach for the Sky" as they are standing about 8" tall right now trying to wind around the iron shelving my seed starter trays are sitting on. Maybe I should have waited and just put the seed in the ground!
6. Ok, I feel a little better after getting my mind occupied by something other than that horrendous dream I had last night. Maybe the day won't be a total waste.
Link up! Miscellany Monday at Lowercase Letters !