Love deeply. Laugh. Cry. Talk to God. Be realistic about the to-do list. Stay in touch. Hug. Dream. Smile. Break Bread often with Family. Spend Time with your Girlfriends. Shop til you Drop! Extend Grace. Be Quick to Forgive and Slow to Anger. Walk. Breathe. Sing. Dance. Read. Eat Chocolate. Savor a Good Glass of Wine. Wiggle your Toes. Sleep well. Life is Good!

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Weekend Canning Projects!

On Friday, I ventured into
Attempting to make Jelly!
~
and ended up with
Apple Rosemary Jelly Syrup


I tried a recipe that said if I simmered the apples,
peelings and seeds, I wouldn't have to use pectin,
because apples contain natural pectin.
I was a bit mislead, because I later found out
that if I had used sour apples (i.e. Granny Smith),
it would have worked.Oh Well!
Although I can't detect any Rosemary flavor,
I have some awesome apple syrup for pancakes!
And isn't it a beautiful clear honey color?!!!

Then, Saturday,
I pressure canned green beans and turnip greens. 
I also picked up a case each of yellow squash and zucchini.
No! I'm not gonna can these! They are going in the freezer.
I may bake a few loaves of zucchini bread while I'm at it!

And, of course, I came home with 10#s of McIntosh Apples.
I may try the apple jelly thing again.  Maybe!
I will finish these tasks before
the end of next week ...
I hope!  I must! 
I have venison waiting to be put up! 
Thanks to the Great Hunter!
Oy Vey!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive