Love deeply. Laugh. Cry. Talk to God. Be realistic about the to-do list. Stay in touch. Hug. Dream. Smile. Break Bread often with Family. Spend Time with your Girlfriends. Shop til you Drop! Extend Grace. Be Quick to Forgive and Slow to Anger. Walk. Breathe. Sing. Dance. Read. Eat Chocolate. Savor a Good Glass of Wine. Wiggle your Toes. Sleep well. Life is Good!

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Squash and more Squash!


1/2 bushel of zucchini
+
3/4 bushel of yellow squash
+
1 mandolin

=

9.5 gallon bags mixed squash
+
4 quart bags grated zucchini
+
one sliced thumb
(and five bandaids later,
I had to take a short commercial break).




I love the little mandolin!  It's perfect! 
I opted out of buying the larger one
until I saw how much I would use this one. 
It's such a time saver! 
I'm gonna ask Santa for a more heavy duty one,
I believe!  I really do ... believe!

Sidenote:  The little squash necks in the photo ....
they went on the mandolin too.  They produced another
gallon bag FULL of little slices ... perfect for soups!
I was gonna grind them up and use them in
cornbread dressing.  My aunt does that! 
You don't taste the squash, but oh my!! it's so moist!

2 comments:

  1. Somedays!!! Those are raw!! But they will be cooked into something amazing soon, I hope! Maybe I'll make you some zucchini bread!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive