Love deeply. Laugh. Cry. Talk to God. Be realistic about the to-do list. Stay in touch. Hug. Dream. Smile. Break Bread often with Family. Spend Time with your Girlfriends. Shop til you Drop! Extend Grace. Be Quick to Forgive and Slow to Anger. Walk. Breathe. Sing. Dance. Read. Eat Chocolate. Savor a Good Glass of Wine. Wiggle your Toes. Sleep well. Life is Good!

Monday, October 10, 2011

Guess what I had for dinner last night?



Collards from my garden!  Yes! A little bit larger than palm size picked from around the outside of the plants.  Enough for two generous servings!  Actually, except for a couple of bites, I ate them by myself.  My hubs is not a "collards" kind of man.  He said they were good though!  He opted for a salad (greens from my garden!!) with a Roma tomato and a generous amount of bacon pieces!  I didn't prepare the collards in the traditional "cover and cook with water" method.  I rolled them up and sliced them (chiffonade style!) and then sauted them in a little olive oil, minced garlic, salt and pepper, a teaspoon of sugar (even small leaves can be bitter) and a tablespoon or so of the bacon fat, along with some of the bacon pieces (from my hubs' salad fixins). You should try them cooked this way!  Very High Yum Factor!

1 comment:

Blog Archive