Love deeply. Laugh. Cry. Talk to God. Be realistic about the to-do list. Stay in touch. Hug. Dream. Smile. Break Bread often with Family. Spend Time with your Girlfriends. Shop til you Drop! Extend Grace. Be Quick to Forgive and Slow to Anger. Walk. Breathe. Sing. Dance. Read. Eat Chocolate. Savor a Good Glass of Wine. Wiggle your Toes. Sleep well. Life is Good!

Monday, October 10, 2011

GOT PEPPERS?!

I only grew bell peppers and banana peppers this year.  The bells were bountiful.  The banana peppers flopped.  We only got three all season from five plants.  My neighbor, however, grew every imaginable pepper you could think of .... from bells to habaneros!  She generously shared!   Most were used in some form or fashion. 


Last week I found myself with a tray from the most recent bag I received waning a bit and no time to use them. They were a little too wilted to de-seed and freeze, so I opted for dehydrating. I put them into the oven on a cooling rack inside a baking sheet - whole with stems intact - at about 170 degrees for maybe six hours. Turned the oven off and left them in there over the weekend. I actually forgot about them, til I turned the oven on this morning to bake my weekly sourdough bread ... but that's another story.  Anywho!  This is what they looked like after drying and then crumbling:





I ground them finer with a mortar/pestal.  You could always use your extra coffee grinder too!  I'm sure you have one!  I don't!  I have one, but I don't grind coffee.  I bought it years ago for herbs ... but guess what?  It's still in the box.



I stored the ground chili peppers in a cute little jar
I found at a tag sale last weekend!They smell really smokey/peppery!  Can't wait to use them!!!



*  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *

Other than that, I've been baking bread today! 
I used my sour-dough whole wheat starter.
Experimented a little with the flour .....
60% whole wheat, 20% bread flour and 20% rolled oats.
Also added honey and olive oil! 
OMG!  It turned out amazing!

I can't leave out building Duplo towers,
reading to my granbaby girl, and prepping for an art event. 
It's been a busy Miscellaneous Monday kinda day!

1 comment:

Blog Archive