Love deeply. Laugh. Cry. Talk to God. Be realistic about the to-do list. Stay in touch. Hug. Dream. Smile. Break Bread often with Family. Spend Time with your Girlfriends. Shop til you Drop! Extend Grace. Be Quick to Forgive and Slow to Anger. Walk. Breathe. Sing. Dance. Read. Eat Chocolate. Savor a Good Glass of Wine. Wiggle your Toes. Sleep well. Life is Good!

Friday, August 5, 2011

Day Three!


Continuing with the juice fast.  This takes a lot of discipline.  A lot!  I've had a couple of nasty headaches and had one blood sugar drop.  The upside is I feel more energetic and less bloated.  I don't feel as stiff during the day either.  My husband is asking how much longer til I eat solid food.  He misses my cooking, I think!  If I continue to experience shakiness, I may have to go back to my original plan of a modified juice fast.  I'll still be juicing and blending ..... digesting the pulp, which should keep things in check.  Weight loss was not my motivation for starting, as you will have noted in previous posts, however, I am tempted to check out the numbers on the scale.  I will wait til Monday morning, five days after starting.  That's gonna take extreme discipline ... waiting! 

I'm chilling what I juiced this morning because a cold juice is more palatable than a room temp one.  The morning beverage consists of cantaloupe, honeydew, peaches and black grapes!   I'm gonna peruse a few juice recipes for a lunch idea.  Later!



So, I napped thru lunch with my granbaby, trying to sleep a headache off.  Headaches have been the only side effect I've experienced with this juice fast.  I understand it is the body's way of letting you know you are eliminating toxins and withdrawing from stimulants.  This is good!  I was a coke/sweet tea/coffee gal three days ago.  Haven't craved either!  I did have a salt craving two days ago, but today while at Fresh Market, I sampled the dried veggies.  Ugh!  I had to spit it out!  Too salty!   Wow!  

Tomorrow a couple of friends are coming for a visit at the island .... bringing shrimp.  Oh my.  I think I'll be fine.  I'm gonna do a modified juicing over the weekend, because I don't want to haul that heavy juicer down there.  Smoothies and raw veggies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive