Love deeply. Laugh. Cry. Talk to God. Be realistic about the to-do list. Stay in touch. Hug. Dream. Smile. Break Bread often with Family. Spend Time with your Girlfriends. Shop til you Drop! Extend Grace. Be Quick to Forgive and Slow to Anger. Walk. Breathe. Sing. Dance. Read. Eat Chocolate. Savor a Good Glass of Wine. Wiggle your Toes. Sleep well. Life is Good!

Monday, August 1, 2011

 JUICING!
My juicing plan is modified from the radical juicing agenda! 
When I'm on the run, I will either have juice or eat raw fruits and vegs.
Plus water intake.  Amazed at what I'm learning about dehydration!



I'm getting fruits, veggies and some dairy....for calcium requirements. 
Some would argue that's not necessary, but I'd only argue back!
~
Morning Smoothie (made in blender):
Strawberries, Peaches, Blueberries, 1/2 Banana
Greek Yogurt (plain), 1/4 c high pulp Orange Juice
1/4 Whole Leaf Aloe Vera
(hoping to heal potential damage from NSAIDs)
I like the idea of using the blender over the juicer when I can
because the fiber isn't removed and I still get the punch of micronutrients!

(advised later in day....smoothies are not "juicing" becaue of fiber -
organ cleansing is not as effective unless absolute juice)
well .... I like the "absolute" part!  Oh! Not that kind of absolute?  LOL!




Mid-Day (lunch?)

Mean Green Juice (made in Juicer)

1 bunch of Kale
4 stalks Celery
3 Granny Smith Apples
1 Cucumber
1/2 lemon
ginger root


=

I'm not gonna lie to you.  It's awful.  Just plain awful.  I'm not a fan of kale anyway.  I poured an 8 oz glass and drank 1/3 of it (with a straw).  I experienced a slight sting in my mouth.  I was nauseated for twenty minutes.  I couldn't drink it.  I'm sure it's an acquired taste.  I will try spinach next time.  I like spinach.  Maybe an extra apple.  Someone please tell me I can do this!  I made my breakfast smoothie last week and put two packed cups of spinach in it.  It was great!  Even my two year old grandbaby loved it!  Kale.  Bleeeeeeccchhhh.  Going Googling for juicing combos.  I CAN do this!

Late Day Update:  So.....advice received from my FB juicing site:  No blenders.  No fiber in cleanse (except for liquid fiber in juicing).  Limit fruits.  So far .... this is worse than a colonoscopy prep!  The Mean Green Juice went down the drain.  I caved for a piece of fruit, some cheese and couple of crackers.  I'll try again this afternoon or tomorrow morning.  Remind me!  Why am I doing this?

"One quarter of what you eat keeps you alive; 
the other three-quarters keeps your doctor alive."

Oh yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive