Love deeply. Laugh. Cry. Talk to God. Be realistic about the to-do list. Stay in touch. Hug. Dream. Smile. Break Bread often with Family. Spend Time with your Girlfriends. Shop til you Drop! Extend Grace. Be Quick to Forgive and Slow to Anger. Walk. Breathe. Sing. Dance. Read. Eat Chocolate. Savor a Good Glass of Wine. Wiggle your Toes. Sleep well. Life is Good!

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Plantain! Nature's Bandaid!



Guess What?
It wasn't the twine I cut!
It was my knuckle.
A nice v-shaped slice.

I washed it, wrapped it and walked across the road.
I picked a fistful of plantain leaves,  
chewed them up and placed the wad 
on my bleeding finger and wrapped it back up.
I repeated it twice.
24 hours later you can barely see the cut!




Below are photos of plantain.

Plantago Minor - From the field next door.




Plantago Major - Photo credit: Illinois Wildflowers


How did I know what to do?
I've been following Canning Granny's blog about 
natural healing and had just read this post the day before!  Fortunately, from earlier readings I had already wandered 
into the field and identified plantain!

~

More links to check out!





1 comment:

Blog Archive