Love deeply. Laugh. Cry. Talk to God. Be realistic about the to-do list. Stay in touch. Hug. Dream. Smile. Break Bread often with Family. Spend Time with your Girlfriends. Shop til you Drop! Extend Grace. Be Quick to Forgive and Slow to Anger. Walk. Breathe. Sing. Dance. Read. Eat Chocolate. Savor a Good Glass of Wine. Wiggle your Toes. Sleep well. Life is Good!

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Technical Difficulties

Currently AWOL but will return to full-blogging mode in a day or two.  I'm having technical difficulties! Orthopaedic issues to be exact.  Borrowing my daughter's laptop to drop a line to y'all with the short story!

Following some pretty bad pain in my foot for a couple of weeks, I heard a loud "pop" on Tuesday which sent me to the orthopaedic doctor. Stress fracture!  But he also found another, more serious issue.  I have a Charco fracture caused by long term compression neuropathy.  I am not diabetic.  The neuropathy is a result of nerve damage when I lost my grip while moving furniture out of our home following the Katrina flood in 2005. 

I had a CT scan yesterday and will follow up with my doctor again next week after he has a chance to consult with several others about which direction to take.  Needless to say, I was a little freaked out by the diagnosis.  Today we will know what needs to be done to prevent further damage, i.e. bones sliding, causing a total collapse of my foot, resulting in having to use a wheelchair for the rest of my life. Sounds gloomy, huh?

The worse part is that my 2-1/2 year old granbaby girl now has to go to daycare.  That broke my heart.  I've kept her during the day while her parents work .... since she was six weeks old.   Over the last couple of years she came up on the daycare list several times (which is normally a 6-8 month wait).  I always responded 'not yet' because I have been so blessed to be able to spend each day with her, watching her change and learn.  Currently, she wasn't even on the list and, miraculously, when my daughter inquired, there is an opening!
I do know this.....My God is in control!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive