Love deeply. Laugh. Cry. Talk to God. Be realistic about the to-do list. Stay in touch. Hug. Dream. Smile. Break Bread often with Family. Spend Time with your Girlfriends. Shop til you Drop! Extend Grace. Be Quick to Forgive and Slow to Anger. Walk. Breathe. Sing. Dance. Read. Eat Chocolate. Savor a Good Glass of Wine. Wiggle your Toes. Sleep well. Life is Good!

Sunday, June 3, 2012

How's that Garden coming along?!!





There's a bounty of tomatoes coming from the garden!
Eating lots of tomato sandwiches, salads and Margarita Pizza!
I also see a Tomato Pie and some other goodies in my future!
I tried an awesome recipe last week!
It's a keeper!!





Tomato Jam
(a Food In Jars recipe)

5 pounds tomatoes, cored and chopped (Do Not Peel)
3.5 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
2 teaspoons grated, peeled fresh ginger
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1 Tablespoon sea salt
1 Tablespoon red pepper flakes

Combine all ingredients in a large non-reactive pot.  
Bring to boil over high heat and reduce to low.
Simmer, stirring regularly, until it reduces to a sticky, 
jammy mess.  This will take 1.5 to 2 hours.

Prepare jars and lids for canning.  Ladle jam into 
prepared jars.  Wipe rims, apply lids and rings.
Process in boiling water bath for twenty minutes.





I this recipe!!!
I found it in a brand new canning cookbook!
I love that you don't peel the tomatoes!!
I love that there is not checking temperature!
I love that there is no pectin!
I love that there is relatively little sugar!
I love that it tastes amazingly like
Harry 'n David's pepper onion relish!
Yes, It does!  
I opened a jar over the weekend and started
eating it right outta the jar, then broke out the chips, 
then broke out the cream cheese! OMG!
This week, I'll be making it again ...
in larger containers!  Those 4oz jars are a tease!


Visit the Food in Jars site and check out 
their Facebook Page too!
You won't be disappointed!!!
You know you need this cookbook!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment