Love deeply. Laugh. Cry. Talk to God. Be realistic about the to-do list. Stay in touch. Hug. Dream. Smile. Break Bread often with Family. Spend Time with your Girlfriends. Shop til you Drop! Extend Grace. Be Quick to Forgive and Slow to Anger. Walk. Breathe. Sing. Dance. Read. Eat Chocolate. Savor a Good Glass of Wine. Wiggle your Toes. Sleep well. Life is Good!

Monday, October 4, 2010

Bless Your Sweet Potato Soul!


My neighbor brought over two sacks of sweet potatos /from his garden this weekend. Oh Boy! My thoughts instantly went to Sweet Potato Butter! Yum! I bought a jar years ago and devoured it within a week - cream cheese and sweet potato butter on an english muffin ... Heaven!! I baked all of them in the oven this morning while I searched the web for a recipe. I also received several recipes on Facebook. I found this recipe and many more delish things at http://www.agoodappetite.blogspot.com/.


Sweet Potato Butter
3 large sweet potates (3 cups mashed)
2 c apple cider (unsweetened)
1 c sugar
1 heaping teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/3 t allspice



Bake sweet potatoes one hour until soft at 400 degrees. Cool. Peel and put into large pot. Mash. Add cider and sugar. Bring to boil over medium high heat. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Add spices. Reduce heat and simimer for two hours, stirring from time to time. The mixture will thicken to a thick mashed-potato like texture as the liquid cooks out. Use an immersion blender or mixer to smooth out the lumps. Makes about three cups. Store in refrigerator.... Share with your neighbors!

Obviously I had much more than three sweet potatoes! I altered the recipe according to how many cups of mashed sweet potatoes I ended up with.

1 comment: