Love deeply. Laugh. Cry. Talk to God. Be realistic about the to-do list. Stay in touch. Hug. Dream. Smile. Break Bread often with Family. Spend Time with your Girlfriends. Shop til you Drop! Extend Grace. Be Quick to Forgive and Slow to Anger. Walk. Breathe. Sing. Dance. Read. Eat Chocolate. Savor a Good Glass of Wine. Wiggle your Toes. Sleep well. Life is Good!

Thursday, August 6, 2009

"Goliath" Projects ahead!














I need motivation! Desperately. Motivation to tackle a lot of things.....art, housecleaning, yard work, health issues, cook, .....the list goes on and on. Oh, and then there's a need for energy, as well. One without the other is worthless! Yesterday was productive! Let's see...I rocked and snuggled with Keller from around 9: yesterday til after 4:00. Friends from Twitter are complaining cause I've fallen off posting since Baby Keller came! : ) Oh! I did dig a hole for a tree! Brad and Vicki gave me a pretty maple to plant in memory of my mom. Wasn't that sweet! I planted it right outside my bedroom window. Can't wait to see what color it is in the fall. And....I hung up some clothes that have been stacked up from doing laundry the last week or so and then re-heated dinner from the night before. Really progressive day, eh?! Woo hoo!

ArtWalk is next Friday. I'm scramblin to get ready for it. The theme is "From a Child's Eye" Whimsical art! I've piddled with a few things over the last few months but never finished anything. Lost inspiration before putting the work away and moving on to other things. I got back in the studio this week.....I may have logged about three hours so far....um hmmmm....it's Thursday already. I did finish a watercolor! Another woo-hoo! The "Goliath" grouper above is a piece I may be bringing for ArtWalk. I think it measures roughly 4'x5' and is acrylic. Anybody have a large blank wall at a place on the beach that needs a punch of color and whimsy?!!!!

Now, I need to set a week aside to catch up ....scratch that.....just DO my posting and other bookwork business. Still trying to get the train back on track. I suppose motivation comes when you're faced with a deadline.....for me anyway. So, after the ArtWalk rush....next comes the Shrimp Festival in Gulf Shores. I have five pieces drawn and ready for paint. If I can ace those and get my packaged print inventory up, I'll be set. Just gotta get in the studio to get these things accomplished.

But for now ... I've gotta take Lindsay to the dentist and then to work. And then ... yep! I've got a pweshus grand daughter that misses her gramma. Twitter and facebook and all those other yadda yadda yadda things will have to wait....at least til the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment