Love deeply. Laugh. Cry. Talk to God. Be realistic about the to-do list. Stay in touch. Hug. Dream. Smile. Break Bread often with Family. Spend Time with your Girlfriends. Shop til you Drop! Extend Grace. Be Quick to Forgive and Slow to Anger. Walk. Breathe. Sing. Dance. Read. Eat Chocolate. Savor a Good Glass of Wine. Wiggle your Toes. Sleep well. Life is Good!

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Paper Trails . . .





Today's Post was supposed to be something along these lines:


See y'all tomorrow!
This is where I'll be if you need me!







It ended up more like:


PROCRASTINATION:

Latin procrastinatus, past participle of procrastinarefrom 
pro-forward + crastinus of tomorrow, from cras tomorrow.   
The act of replacing high-priority actions with  tasks of lower 
priority, or doing something which one derives enjoyment, 
and thus putting off important tasks to a later time.


I'm not so much a procrastinator and a perfectionist.  You wouldn't know that right off.  But, in my defense, perfectionism is not the same as OCD.  I only delay accomplishing a task because I feel the need to complete the task once I dive in and if that window of time isn't available I put it off for another day.  I know I'm not alone in!


You see! I'm blogging right now instead of tackling the stack of paperwork on my desk (the one thing I hi-lighted on the to-do list for today -- paperwork, not blogging).  Hmmmm.  

This explains why the garage is a wreck, my studio is a wreck, the dining room table is a wreck (again), the foyer bench is piled high, there's a tower of books the length of the bed in the guest room, and the deck pressure washing hasn't been accomplished.  

I'm been for the last dozen years trying to re-learn accomplishing large tasks in small increments.  Problem is I bounce from one thing to another and back again [attempting to accomplish a lot in one day] seemingly never to complete the task at hand until my alter-ego gets a firm grip on my constitution and yells "NO! Finish this!"  It's a good feeling to finish a task, although when I step back to gaze and then make a 90 degree turn there's the other stuff on the list waiting.  Is your list like that?  You mark off one thing and add five during the process?  Ugh!  There I go off in another direction!  The to-do list.  Which brings me full circle back to where I'll be ... if you need me!  Note: Yes! I've been told they make a drug for this!









Some days this is my thought process ... 
unrelated to math.  



No comments:

Post a Comment