Love deeply. Laugh. Cry. Talk to God. Be realistic about the to-do list. Stay in touch. Hug. Dream. Smile. Break Bread often with Family. Spend Time with your Girlfriends. Shop til you Drop! Extend Grace. Be Quick to Forgive and Slow to Anger. Walk. Breathe. Sing. Dance. Read. Eat Chocolate. Savor a Good Glass of Wine. Wiggle your Toes. Sleep well. Life is Good!

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Storage Boxes are on Sale!


The Christmas season is coming to an end as we usher in the new year. Trying not to have the Christmas blues while facing the almost insurmountable task of taking down and putting away the decorations. I desperately need to go through the boxes and pass on things I no longer display. I so need to get over the "I may use this one day" mentality. The space those "I may need this one day" items takes up is ridiculous. I suppose we always begin thinking about organizing and purging when a new year is cresting. I think about it all year long. My garage is a wreck with Christmas boxes, art show equipment, cardboard boxes, gardening equipment, dollhouses I can't part with, exercise equipment, seasonal decorations. The list goes on and on and on. My husband commented the other day "You can't find anything in this house" obviously oblivious to find anything in the man cave. My thoughts were "If ya'll put things back where you found them, they'd be there next time you need them" instead of just dropping it where you used it. My tape dispenser is never in my studio cause my daughter uses it for scrapbooking. Perhaps Santa should have thought of that. The dog leashes are never put back in the space provided, therefor we all search for them when the dogs need to go out.

There is so much to do to keep a home organized. It doesn't get done by itself. Professional organizers tell us to purge and buy all these cute boxes to store things in. I suppose that balances it out, huh? Purge then buy. {shaking head}

Among the other daily routines I have no control over, I am determined to tackle this issue one room at a time. Top to bottom. Left to right. Keep, toss, give away, store. Then there's the outside to deal with. Dang! My car hasn't been washed in three months. Add that to the to-do list.

Looking on the bright side: I have til December 31, 2010, to finish this to-do list. That's a good thing since household chores tend to run in a never-ending chasing your tail, pick-up, put-up, shut-up and just do it cycle, while throwing in a little procrastination here and there.

No comments:

Post a Comment