Love deeply. Laugh. Cry. Talk to God. Be realistic about the to-do list. Stay in touch. Hug. Dream. Smile. Break Bread often with Family. Spend Time with your Girlfriends. Shop til you Drop! Extend Grace. Be Quick to Forgive and Slow to Anger. Walk. Breathe. Sing. Dance. Read. Eat Chocolate. Savor a Good Glass of Wine. Wiggle your Toes. Sleep well. Life is Good!

Sunday, August 15, 2010

YES! I loved, loved, loved this movie!

I loved the movie! Eat Pray Love was grand! The scenery was beautiful! If you didn't like it and haven't read the book......read the book and see the movie again. There's a lot from the book not included. It's worth the read.

The message for me? Same as I got from the book both times I read it. For me it was about forgiveness. Not just forgiving others, but forgiving yourself. Forgiving yourself for holding back...for eating something you love and gaining that extra few pounds...for hanging on to the past...for judging others when we don't understand their culture, their religion, their views...for not living life with passion for everything. I needed reminded that we all matter and there's more to life than climbing the corporate ladder and trying to be recognized for something. That need perhaps is more a need to be affirmed and appreciated for whatever we contribute. To serve others is well and good. We all should want to make life better for the other person. But there comes a point ... call it burn out or whatever, that we need to regroup, find our center of balance, and toss caution to the wind, all the while feeling comfortable in our fat jeans!

From the Movie: “There is so much about my fate that I cannot control, but other things do fall under the jurisdiction. I can decide how I spend my time, whom I interact with, whom I share my body and life and money and energy with. I can select what I can read and eat and study. I can choose how I’m going to regard unfortunate circumstances in my life-whether I will see them as curses or opportunities. I can choose my words and the tone of voice in which I speak to others. And most of all, I can choose my thoughts.”

I am a better person when I have less on my plate ~ Elizabeth Gilbert

No comments:

Post a Comment