Love deeply. Laugh. Cry. Talk to God. Be realistic about the to-do list. Stay in touch. Hug. Dream. Smile. Break Bread often with Family. Spend Time with your Girlfriends. Shop til you Drop! Extend Grace. Be Quick to Forgive and Slow to Anger. Walk. Breathe. Sing. Dance. Read. Eat Chocolate. Savor a Good Glass of Wine. Wiggle your Toes. Sleep well. Life is Good!

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

They Walk Among Us.

You know em. Those people. Sometimes camouflaged as friends and family. Concealing hidden, and often not so subtle, judgments about you or your family. Their super powers lend themselves to assumptions about your life. Little snippets of information, quite often less than factual, grow in their judgmental, analytical minds until they believe without doubt that they know your every thought, intention, belief. They are easily offended and bruised if your opinions or schedule conflicts with theirs. They believe that once wronged, people never change. They think ... no, they know beyond doubt that their values, their plans and their political views and religious beliefs are the only way and, be-damned if you don't place your own in alignment with theirs. I have a couple of those "friends" and "family" plans. I'm beginning to let those relationships drift like a corked bottle in a vast ocean of dribbling nonsense. One day, after growing in their frustrations over their vain imaginations, they'll blow that cork and sink in their guilty assumptions and gossip and only then, by the grace of God, will they learn what grace really is. I'm not perfect. No one is ... this side of Heaven. I'm also not a hypocrite. I've made mistakes. I've learned from them. Life is a perpetual learning curve, not a place for closed minds and hearts.


I thank God for my family and friends. Those who have loved me for me and haven't judged me for my shortcomings. And, may I say? Check your own tiara before attempting to adjust mine!

2 comments:

  1. Ive been fortunate enough to be able to get to know a little bit of who you are and what you stand for in the past several months and no matter what people say its what they do that screams volumes about who they really are and what their moral convictions are and what their family values mean. I dont adhere to people very well unless I get a huge sense of goodness from them..and I do get that from you! I know where your heart is and what your morals and values are and what family and friends mean to you and without getting more wordy here than I already have ..Im honored to know you and continue to know you and Im blessed even more to be avle to call you friend ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww, my dear friend! I'm just now seeing this ... it's Easter 2013.
    What sweet words you shared! Thank you! ♥

    ReplyDelete